The Ultimate Textile Bible
Textilepedia is an extensive textile dictionary that covers all essential fabric knowledge – from deciphering different types of materials to understanding your finishing options. A balance between text and imagery; it acts as a quick easy-to-navigate guide – simplifying complicated fabric and fibre information using comparisons and relatable stories.
An Easy Guide for Fabric
Textilepedia helps to provide answers for your fabric selection:
- Light or heavyweight?
- Rough or soft texture?
- Breathable or not?
- Easy to drape?
The book is here to answer all those questions – and then some.
- Why do fabrics have different widths?
- What makes a fibre or fabric elastic?
- Which fabrics are best for printing?
- Are all-natural fibres sustainable?
Packed with need-to-know information about textiles, Textilepedia is a benefit to an array of levels and roles within the creative community.
A Portable Textile Library
Textilepedia brings a comprehensive knowledge of textile applications to you. From how to choose fibres, the formation of yarns, the characteristics of common fabrics, and the effects of textile finishing, the book serves as an all-in-one textile information hub.
- An extensive textile dictionary that covers all essential fabric knowledge from different types of textile, fabric materials to finishing options.
- Textilepedia covers Fibres, Yarn, Weave, Knits, Lace & Netting, Non-woven & Felting, Hides, Finishings, Patterns & Colours.
- Make difficult-to-digest textile information easy to understand and apply.
- Practical and highly visual, suitable for all people in the fashion industry.